For decades the ERPs are present in corporative environments in the financial, accounting, production line, manufacturing, human resources, and more. They are characterized by their infinity interfaces, reports and parameters, always with a transactional vision.
The experience of using an ERP can be tiring, and to get any type of information, strategic or tactic, usually the users need a lot of effort and the IT departments are dependents of the software providers.
With the globalization being a reality day-by-day, especially with the use of smartphones and tables, the users started to require faster and simple solutions that provide accurate experiences. As a consequence, some questions appeared:
- Why the ERPs do not supply the needs of my department?
- Why ERPs are so complicated, limited and inverse of my reality?
- Why does the ERPs fill just a part of my work process?
- Why is it so hard, expensive and time consuming to include new functionalities?
- How to train the user in all interfaces so them can fill it correctly? How to get exactly what really matters to my business?
- Why is it so hard to generate relevant information from the data available?
Know the reasons of the conflicts on ERPs
The questions above represents the reality of most business nowadays, and here you see some of the reasons:
- The traditional ERPs involve complex business rules and are hard to parametrize;
- ERPs in general has complexes interface and, mostly, aren’t necessary to the business;
- The users fill the information but are not having a macro view;
- Information has to be pulled, with the need to access a different system or report;
- Employees and the company need to adjust to the ERP, and not the inverse;
- Hard to know the complete work-flow;
- Lack of management of the outstanding work;
- Englobes just part of the business process, not allowing the management of the entire value chain.
The answer for a big part of those difficulties are the implementation of a BPM system. BPMs are conquering space due the agility, cost saving, process englobed and effective management of the value chain, simplifying decisions and focusing on facility all business’s processes, providing tactic and strategic information.
Main characteristics of a BPM
The BPM execute tasks with user-friendly interface, always focusing on data logging being executed and providing what the user needs to know, not exaggerating or bringing unnecessary information, with the possibility to find previous material already existent and delivering effectively the necessary to do the job. Besides, the processes become faster through the easy interaction and the tasks are informed on e-mail, dashboard and/or smartphones.
In addition, it has to enable through technology preexistent, mobility on daily basis using smartphone to execute tasks, fill out forms, realize approvals, publish and consult documents among other facilities that can be apply to the business’s context, giving agility and productivity to the day-to-day work. This way, the users are able to view the workflow, check deadlines and time taken.
More characteristics include
- Create and draw flows and integrate with business’s forms;
- Automation of business processes derived from documents;
- Adaptable business rules;
- Dynamic forms used to obtain, in personalized way, information on each step of the process;
- Eliminate data redundancy;
- Data integration from different systems, with transparency to the final user, without several login and logout;
- Users get the tasks and are informed of deadlines.
BPM systems came to fulfil the gaps left by ERP, with an overview of the process, integrating and managing full control of all workflows, data, documents and general business’s information. Consequently, it should be considered in any strategy of Digital Transformation, paperless initiative or, simply, the goal to achieve a new level of control in any business, having in mind the most important component: Processes are everywhere!
The Fusion Platform by Neomind optimize and enhance your management system, a solution to documents (ECM), BPM (workflow), Capture, Portal and Analytics, integrating the organization, employees, clients and vendors, in a simple and smart way.
Check out how BPM works: