Can you picture the image of a physical archive full of documents, those countless papers on the table, missing documents, non-conformities, incomplete information… desperate times, huh? These are only a few challenges in organizations that haven’t switched to enterprise content management and still, industries, trades and services are business segment on top the of the list and studies show the main reason is that the partners are not ready.
- So why your company should go Paperless?
- Ok, but how to start a paperless routine?
- How Neomind became Paperless
So why your company should go Paperless?
Moving into the Paperless era means simplify the information management and protect it in the best way possible, including:
- Gain of productive: easily find information and/or documents you are looking for, adding online tags to your files. Remember, in a paperless era: information and documents are at your fingertips!
- Improvement of efficiency: by being easily to locate, update and share any information, the company gain in efficiency, the software even reminds you of deadlines, giving you time and control over processes;
- Safety and Security: An encrypted data guaranteeing information integrity, plus digital security and privacy by setting up permissions to view, edit, create download and save any document;
- Environment: being eco-friendly is essential for any company in a globalized world, and, with no doubts, reducing the paper consume is a big step;
- Costs-savings: it involves more than the amount of money spent on paper, toner replacement, maintenance or lease of print machines, it’s also a time safer!
Ok, but how to start a paperless routine?
We know it sounds as an impossible mission, but you can start it right now! Take a look at the tips bellow:
Start by scanning documents: It is the first step, and it sure can demand a big effort, based on the size of your physical file, but it is an essential procedure.
- Develop a strategy to eliminate documents: Keep the scanned documents by a period of 30 to 90 days, it will avoid any problems that might occur during the scanning process;
- Talk to your team: it is necessary to explain the reasons and gains of going paperless, keeping them engaged is the key to the success of the strategy;
- A specialized management system: To keep your documents safe and an automatized lifecycle a management system is required; to have all documents stored on a server facilitates the accessibility to authorized people, ensuring agility and reliability. Besides that, the right software has applications to digital signature, legally validating the documents.
How Neomind became Paperless
In 2016, Neomind implemented electronic document management in administrative processes, finance and human resources. The main goal, besides the cost reduction, was to increase security of documents, keeping them correctly store to preserve any information through time.
Before the automation of the process, a routine procedure could require, on average, between print and copies, 30 pages, knowing that it was necessary at least 2 copies of the complete report. In other words, it’s not possible to achieve efficiency and cost reduction with bureaucracy.
With Fusion Platform by Neomind, all processes were automated ensuring electronic communication, starting and ending the entire procedure digitally.
Through a simple strategy and process management, the company had gains such as – paperless, agility, control over process, transparency and lack of bureaucracy. Besides:
- Gain of efficiency by having information available to all people involved;
- Safety and facility to find reports and documents already filed, once they are all digital.
- Secure financial transactions linked to the bank
- Gain of physical spaces previously taken by papers and file cabinets
Nowadays we can say all the administrative processes, finance and human resources are completely PAPERLESS, it couldn’t be different, once we are providers of a solution that one of the countless benefits includes automating processes and reducing paper consume.
Going paperless demands an initial effort, but once established, the workflow adapts and the results are quite visible. It is not a trend, but an organizational culture, a strategy to bring safety, financial gains and environmental respect.
Any question? Contact us and discover the best solution in a Paperless Era to your company.
Read more: How BPM potentialize your ERP